Work at OutcomesMTM®
Outcomes® Incorporated, doing business as OutcomesMTM, a Cardinal Health company, provides opportunities to excel beyond your own expectations and play a prominent role in improving healthcare. As part of the Outcomes family, you’ll enjoy a laid-back environment (casual attire and fun team events) as well as progressive benefits. Put your talents to work in our bright, modern, open-concept office!
Since its founding in 1999, Outcomes has grown from just a few employees to its current team of nearly 60 smart, fun and easy-to-work-with professionals. Our business continues to grow, presenting new opportunities for employees to develop their skills and build their expertise in the rapidly changing world of healthcare.
Clinical Services Resident
Are you graduating from pharmacy school? Put your clinical knowledge to work for the benefit of millions of people with our Clinical Services Residency. You’ll work side-by-side with a talented team to ensure our MTM services are clinically sound and meeting the needs of our health plan partners. In addition to using your medication expertise, you’ll gain exposure to all parts of our business as you build other professional skills (and have fun doing it!)
Make our modern, laid-back office in West Des Moines, Iowa your home base for a year. We offer competitive compensation, reimbursement for work-related expenses and professional meeting registrations. Working hours are Monday-Friday, 8 AM-5 PM with occasional weekend hours. You’ll get a chance to travel a bit for conferences and client meetings.
Gain hands-on experience:
- Analyze MTM claims data for trends and pharmacoeconomic impact
- Participate in clinical protocol development and MTM benefit design/administration
- Provide guidance to clients on clinical program design
- Assist in managing pharmacy chain relationships
- Design and execute a residency project
- Collaborate on marketing projects, such as creating webinars for providers in our pharmacy network
- Act as a clinical resource for the company
- Serve as preceptor to PharmD rotation students
You might be a good fit if you:
- Hold a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from a school of pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE)
- Are eligible for licensure in Iowa
- Possess a meticulous attention to detail
- Are friendly, personable and enjoy collaborating with team members
- Have top-notch communication skills – both written and verbal; bonus points for stellar presentation abilities
- Hold yourself accountable to your own high standards
- Can stay organized while managing competing priorities
We recruit and accept applications each fall/winter for the following residency year. Interested? Contact us for more information.
OutcomesMTM® offers a PharmD APPE rotation for student pharmacists who want to learn about medication therapy management (MTM) and managed care. In your 4-5 week rotation, you’ll get a taste of many areas of our business from the clinical aspects to marketing to technology. Learn how we create and market MTM services, support our network of providers and drive performance for our health plan clients. Round out your experience with a final project of your choosing.
This experience is an excellent opportunity for PharmD candidates who want to explore the business side of healthcare. We look for students who are self-motivated, organized team-players as you’ll work independently and collaboratively on assigned projects. You should be an advocate for pharmacists delivering quality MTM services and be competent in pharmacotherapy.
This fourth-year rotation is an approved elective rotation for the University of Iowa and Drake University colleges of pharmacy and available through other colleges of pharmacy via special arrangement. Dual major PharmD/MBA, MPA or JD candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the OutcomesMTM rotation. Please note direct provision of MTM services to patients is not part of this rotation.
Want to know more? Contact us.